Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 12, 2008

krishna jeyanthi -2008

I love this festival from my childhood.I always remember how we have celebrated the festivals with our grandma who's my inspiration. As Swetha is 21/2 years old , it's really fun to celebrate with her. Last year she wore krishnan dress and we had lot of fun.This time pattu pavadai for her .In the morning I took bath and made uppu seedai , vella seedai before she woke up. I told her for the past 2 days that this day is kutty krishna's birthday.I know she'll enjoy the day.

To avoid bad evening , I made swetha sleep in the afternoon and when she was sleeping me and MIL made vadai and appam and payasam.

After she woke up , I explained her today's kutty krishna's birthday and I told her kutty krishnan will come to our house to eat the prasadam. She said no amma swetha eat.... Yes she's our kutty krishna. Then I involved her in making krishnan padam. I kept krishnan's picture in the hall , and gave the prasadams one by one and ask her to arrange it , she kept one by one. Aval , butter, curd , seedai, appam, payasam , fruits .... Then slowly she started her work when we were in the kitchen . She ate half of the butter . Mixed aval in the curd and in the butter.Then she came and called me amma ... her mouth is full of butter..... I was supposed to scold her. But a Biiiiiiiig cutie smile from her made me give her a kiss. Then I told her to do clean up and kept some new butter. She sang the song cleanup, cleanup everybody clean up and cleaned the place . Then I gave her bath and put new pattu pavadai.She enjoyed it and come down and sang "Happy birthdaty to you .... happy birth day to kutty krishna ...." . Also she kept dora dvds. I asked her what are you doing.She said idhu kutty krishnakku , swethakku .... [this is for kutty krisna and swetha ...] . Then my FIL recited the mantras and she also did .Also she sang some rhymes for krishna . Then she herself along with us distributed the prasadam to neighbours. very nice and unforgettable moments.We will cherish each moment of it . Unfortunately my husband was in india for a business trip.We miss him. It would have been more fun if he were here.

I forget to tell. Last year her favourite was vella seedai. This year uppu seedai.


Krishnan Padam




Swetha arranging the thoran









Swetha singing Rhymes









Prasadam along with Swetha's DORA DVDs





last year pictures














No comments: